Are you looking for a way to give your hair some extra nourishment? Hair butters are an excellent choice! Hair butters are a natural and organic way to keep your hair hydrated, lustrous and healthy. They are made from a blend of nourishing and hydrating ingredients, such as natural oils and butters that work to protect and nourish your hair.
Hair butters provide deep moisture and shine, while also helping to reduce frizz and tangles. With so many amazing benefits, it’s no wonder why hair butters have become such a popular choice for taking care of your hair. In this article, you’ll learn all about the different types of hair butters, benefits of using them, and how to properly apply them to your hair.
Hair Butters Vs Hair Creams
- Hair butters are usually thicker and are better moisturizers than hair creams.
- Hair butters contain natural ingredients while hair creams can contain artificial additives like preservatives and other chemicals that can be too harsh on a sensitive scalp.
- Due to the natural ingredients they contain, hair butters are typically safe for all hair types. They barely contain allergens.
- Hair butters contain healing properties that are great for reviving dry, scaly unhealthy scalps and other forms of hair loss.
- They are great for nourishing dry hair strands that are prone to breakage
- They are also fantastic hair strengtheners and are great for stimulating hair growth.
Types of Hair Butters
Shea butter is an all-natural fat extracted from the nuts of the African Shea tree. Shea butter is rich in fatty acids which is great for nourishing your roots and boosting hair growth. Due to its moisturizing and nourishing effects, Shea butter is present in most hair styling products. It has been in existence for centuries and is used by black women to style and maintain their kinky afro hair. Shea butters are safe for everyone as it contains minimal allergens.
Hemp Seed Butter
For people with high porosity hair, incorporating hemp seed butter into your hair routine will strengthen your hair strands and prevent breakage. Hemp seed butter is derived from crushed hemp seeds and is rich in fatty acids and proteins necessary for stimulating hair growth.
Cocoa Butter is rich in fatty acids and vitamins that are great for moisturizing dry flaky scalp. Cocoa butter is rich in antioxidants that are great for replenishing damaged hair cells, reducing hair loss and improving natural hair growth.
Chebe butter is made from a mixture of chebe powder, Shea butter and other essential oils. It is particularly great for reviving damaged hair or fallen edges. It is also used for improving hair length and strengthening hair strands to prevent breakage.
Mango butter is derived from crushed mango seeds. Mango butter is great for moisturizing the scalp and preventing your hair from drying up and breaking. It is also a popular emollient used for sealing in moisture.
Avocado Butter contains vitamins and minerals that are great for replenishing hair loss and maintaining hair health. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, avocado butter is best for people with sensitive scalp. It is easily absorbed and causes minimal irritation on the scalp. Avocado butter has a high-fat content, making it a good emollient and moisturizer. It also contains antioxidants that create a barrier against the UV rays of the sun and other external aggressors.
Sunflower butter is great for treating and relieving inflammation caused by allergic reactions, sensitive skin and harsh chemical ingredients in hair products. Sunflower seeds are rich in saturated and unsaturated fats that are great for promoting healthy hair growth.
Hair Butter Benefits
Hair Butters are great for your hair because:
- They are rich in natural healing properties that are great for damaged hair/scalp.
- They contain natural oil and plant-based ingredients that are formulated to cater to your hair needs without being too harsh.
- They are a great source of protein and fatty acids that are necessary for stimulating hair growth.
- Apart from being emollients. They also penetrate the hair strands and moisturize dry hair